1. In the event of an emergency situation and if you urgently need the police, fire brigade or an ambulance, you can call the telephone number 112. They speak Spanish, German, English, Italian and French.
2. If you need a medical consultation, you can, for example, use the various private doctors and clinics that you will find here in and around Playa del Ingles. For more specialist help you can go to Clinica Roca, a private hospital in San Augustin (https://www.hospiten.com/en/hospitals-and-centers/hospiten-roca). You can also go here for outpatient assistance. Interpreters are present. For more specialist and outpatient help you can also visit Hospitales San Roque in Maspalomas (https://hospitalessanroque.com/en). You generally have to advance this private healthcare yourself. By means of the invoice you can register the costs for reimbursement with your insurance. For the reimbursement of major medical interventions, consultations must be held with your health insurer. We have learned that you do not have to advance the care in Hospitales San Roque in Maspalomas. They declare the costs directly with the health insurance via the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card).
3. You can also use the Spanish health care in the Centro de Salud in San Fernando (only with a valid EHIC card and ID card). You can apply for the EHIC card with your health insurance policy. You must first register at the reception of the Centro de Salud and register. You can then make an appointment for a doctor at the reception. If you want a good Dutch English speaking doctor working for Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas, then make an appointment with Dr. Eelke Buitenhuis. For emergency care, you can report to Urgencia in the same building. Once registered at the Centro de Salud you do not have to pay the costs yourself in advance. The Centro de Salud declares the costs directly with your insurance policy.
4. We recommend Clinica Maya in San Fernando for dental assistance. Or the Blue Dentist in Mercurio (in the building where the post office is, on Avenida de Tirajana).
5. If you need home care in the apartment, you can contact: Mrs. Claudia Jorna
Tel / fax: 0034 616318301, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The available care consists of nursing, the offer of adapted transport, the supply of medical aids and the possibility of intensive care.
6. To find the pharmacies on duty at the weekend or outside office hours, you can consult the information on the door or window of the nearest pharmacy (farmacia).